If you are passionate about creating new products with one of Australia’s leading product development teams, are eager to grow and develop, then this unique opportunity is going to challenge and satisfy you.
In your role as Hardware Team Lead, you will be responsible for driving innovation and quality in electronics design throughout the full product development life cycle in our tightly integrated multidisciplinary teams. You will be instrumental in creating better products together with our clients, from concept through production, always applying our high-quality standards. You will be responsible for estimation, resource allocation and recruitment for the national hardware team. You will be sharing your experience with the hardware team through technical guidance and design reviews, mentoring junior designers and continually improving our proven hardware engineering processes. You will continue striving for new goals in your own professional development with mentoring and support from the company’s leadership team.
Your key responsibilities in leading and supporting the electronics hardware design team are:
- Developing and growing the hardware team and overall technical expertise in line with strategic growth targets
- Ensuring that quality standards are met in line with the company’s quality management system
- Performing effective estimation, project resource allocation, forecasting and recruitment for the hardware team
- Performing technical reviews and approvals for electronic hardware designs
- Acting as first escalation to clients and project managers for any electronics design related incidents
- Maintaining and improving electronic hardware design processes, procedures, systems and documentation
- Conducting regular feedback sessions, performance reviews and performance management with team members, to ensure that the overall team’s performance is in line with the company’s standards
- Facilitating training and staff development for the hardware team
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold working visa
- Hold a relevant degree from a reputable University (e.g. Bachelor of Electrical Engineering)
- Have worked as a professional electronics design engineer for 7 or more years
- Be competent in the design of analog and digital electronics
- Have experience in the design of electronic products from concept to manufacture
- Be proficient in Altium schematic capture and PCB layout
- Possess excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
Applicants with the following experience will be considered favourably:
- Experience in medical device projects
- Experience working in a design consultancy
We’ve created one of the largest multi-disciplinary product development consulting teams in Australia, and we’re continuing to grow.
We provide comprehensive design services to leading Australian and international companies for a wide range of industries including consumer, commercial, industrial, automotive, bio-medical, military, mining applications and much more.
Our diverse development team spans electronics, embedded, iOS, Android, Linux app, web servers, industrial and mechanical design and more! We provide full turn key service for our customers and a unique opportunity for creative, passionate, professional engineers to continue to develop their skills with us.
Our Sydney office is located in the North Ryde technology area with convenient access by road and public transport.
Our Melbourne office is located in the inner-city area with convenient access by road and public transport.
We provide workplace flexibility by allowing staff to work from home for part of the week.
Only applicants who meet the required criteria will be contacted for the next stage.